Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

for you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes...


Today I found out tha one of the patients I had been talking to died last week.. This actually happen most weeks becaus of the area of social work that I work in now.

In all honesty it takes a bit of getting used to. But it is meaningful work and I am loving it. Apart from today when I heard that my little old man died.

I came home and we had an easy tea and did the dishes. Sat by the fire for a while and I lit a candle. It's made me think. 

All of us are going to die one day, and if we are lucky on our own terms. My patient knew what he wanted and he got it. I guess that is actually the best outcome. I'm so glad I sat quietly and listened to him talk about his hobbies. I think I was the last person he got to talk to about that. I hope the more I do this work, the more I remember how important it is so sit quietly and let someone tell you what they want you to know. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely reflection. And so true. When someone gifts us their time and an ear, it really is love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindness is invaluable. To give of your time is a gift of infinite value. Especially if no one else is there to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!