Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The first spring bulb has flowered.


Because I am finishing work earlier now, I am home before it gets dark. I go out and talk to the chickens and see how they are doing. The garden has been picked down by the chickens and it is looking tidy. Last winter I gave Annie a bag of bulbs and she planted there here and there in the garden. They are all coming back up like spring surprises. I picked the first one today, gosh it smells so good. 

Spring bulbs always remind me of my childhood. My mum always had loads in our garden and they were so beautiful. Such a great reminder that the seasons are changing the things that are hard now, won't be hard forever. Definitely some of my favourite flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I cannot remember the last time I saw your blog? Mind you I haven't been reading blogs for several years now, there are not enough hours in the day. But today I decided to look at my reading list on blogger & wham there you are! I hope you are well and happy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!