Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2023

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination...


It's winter here. 
And right this minute it is absolutely tipping down with rain
and very jolly cold. But the fire is going and I'm in my pjs.
We are just past Matariki and it's time to make plans for the new year.


The house does seem smaller in the winter somehow.
Firstly we are all in it so much of the time.
There are bikes parked here and there inside, there is always a basket of laundry
or two in a corner, and the dog keeps disembowelling his toys on the mat.
Also the fire creates a whole other layer of dust and clutter.

I have been trying to tidy up here and there and re-organise spaces.
I read somewhere that it helps with the winter blues.
It does work I think, it just feels continuous.


Recently I went to the doctor because I had been feeling grim for a while.
I also had a stress test at the hospital.
I'm being treated for angina and waiting to see a cardiologist.
Let me just say that it focussed my mind quick sharp.


So as a result, I'm making some changes in my life for the rest of the year
so that I can work on getting healthy.
and thanks to the generosity of my work, 
I have a bit of extra time in my day and my week, which is amazing.
It turns out that you can make hard choices 
when you have to, especially when the alternative could be unpleasant.



I'm going to reduce stress, get some more exercise
and make changes to stick around for the long haul.
Another thing I want to do, is dust off this old blog.
Writing regularly has always been good for me
and so here I am again.


 So here I am, sitting by the fire in my pjs.
My life is about finishing things off right now
and starting some new things too.
It's about having peace that it will all be ok
while being brave enough to make the changes necessary.

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* - those sudden mental adjustments to physical realities can be a thing, can't they? You are a masterful "adjuster" (although I'm sure you would prefer that you didn't have to be!) so I've no doubt that you will be sailing smoother waters in no time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m happy your going to be writing again…. I love reading your posts, they always make me feel that someday life will just be fine 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow that posted as anonymous 😳

      Delete
  3. Deb, I'm always happy to see a post from you pop up. I love your writing and the pictures of your colorful, cozy home. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!